Bear Creek Dental Clinic
Bear Creek Dental Clinic
"Make a difference with a healthy beautiful smile"
Oral health for your well-being (presentation for parents and children at BVS under the leadership of Aki Ediriweera on January 31, 2016)
|Posted on 18 February, 2016 at 19:55||comments ()|
"Oral health for your well-being" presentation for parents and children at BVS (under the leadership of Aki Ediriweera) on January 31, 2016 by Dr. Kumudu Suriya is now on YouTube.
Please visit https://youtu.be/BWaxuWRzyqw
Bear Creek Dental Clinic, Surrey, BC
|Posted on 19 July, 2015 at 4:00||comments ()|
“Make a difference with a healthy beautiful smile” has been my personal philosophy. This has enabled me to see possibilities beyond obvious and to provide with very best care for my patients.
Dr. Kumudu Suriya, Dentist
BDS (Peradeniya), DMD (UBC)
Clinical Instructor, UBC Dentistry
Bear Creek Dental Clinic
13588 88th Avenue, Unit 109
Surrey, BC V3W 3K8
Dr. Kumudu Suriya is now at Bear Creek Dental Clinic, 13588 88th Av., Unit 109, Surrey, BC
|Posted on 17 December, 2014 at 4:51||comments ()|
I am no longer at the 68th & 152 clinic.
Now I am at Bear Creek Dental Clinic, 13588 88th Av., Unit 109, Surrey, BC.
Please call 604-593-7211 for dental and oral hygiene appointments.
My new clinic info is at https://www.facebook.com/bearcreekdentalclinic
Please visit the link and share it.
Oral health of your kids
|Posted on 30 April, 2014 at 1:20||comments ()|
Oral health of your kids
Dr. Kumudu Suriya
We take our daily food intake through our mouths. For this reason alone, it is imperative to have good oral heath.
If you are an adult, you can take care of your oral health. The same cannot be expected from our kids. It is the responsibility of parents to maintain good oral heath of their children.
Some parents take a very relaxed approach to taking care of oral health of their babies. However, with simple habits, you can easily improve on oral health of your baby.
• After each feeding, use a clean cloth to wipe gums and tooth-buds of a newborn.
• When teeth appear, brush your baby’s teeth twice a day with a small soft-bristled toothbrush and water. Brushing before putting to bed is especially important.
• Do not share toothbrushes or any other utensils such as forks, spoons sippy-cups among family members.
• Lift up your baby’s lip regularly to check for decay, white or brown spots on teeth.
• Never use corn syrup, honey or other sugar products on your baby’s soother.
• If your baby sleeps with a bottle, fill it up only with water. Also plan to stop the bottle between 18 to 24 months.
• Train your baby to drink from a cup when the baby is able to sit up.
There is a range of opinions on what to expect from a toddler. But, all agree that toddlers cannot be treated as fully independent children. Toddlers are unable to clean their own teeth properly. Brush for them. As they grow older, you can brush with them. When they are about eight years old, they can brush on their own with your supervision. Even with older children, you still have to supervise them as the issue is not dexterity, but rather they cut corners with brushing properly or skipping brushing altogether.
As British Columbia Dental Association (BCDA) points out, use a tiny smear of fluoride toothpaste and gradually increase it to a small pea-sized amount by age three. This is especially important given the fact that much of the BC water supply is non-Fluoridated.
Brushing needs to be supplemented with flossing. Focus more on where teeth are touching. They are the areas that toothbrushes cannot reach.
Brushing teeth only is insufficient. Brush your gums, tongue and other areas of your mouth.
As indicated in my previous articles, what you eat when and how will have an impact on your oral health. If you have unhealthy habits, it is most likely that your children will learn them from you. Integrate good in-house oral care into your daily routine.
If you are taking your children to a dentist twice a year for checkups, it is easier to keep up with good oral health. However, taking children to a dentist can put financial pressure on some parents. This is especially true for some parents who are new immigrants, parents who have recently lost their jobs and families with relatively insufficient income or disabilities. There are private and some government-assisted insurance plans such as Healthy Kids plan that can relieve you from this pressure.
Make oral health of children an integral part of your family health.
Dr. Kumudu Suriya, BDS (Peradeniya), DMD (UBC), is a dentist who practices in Surrey & New Westminster. She is a Clinical Instructor at the University of British Columbia and was a lecturer at the University of Peradeniya. www.dentistry-at-suriya.com/Contact-Us.html
- чистить щеткой з (1)
- の歯のフロッシング歯磨き (1)
- 刷牙，牙清洁牙齿 (1)
- 刷牙，牙清潔牙齒 (1)
- 의 이 flossing 칫솔질 (1)
- δόντι που βουρτσίζ (1)
- BC Dentist, British Columbia Dentist (14)
- BDS Peradeniya, DMD UBC, Dentist (11)
- brossage des dents, flossing des dents (2)
- cepillado de diente, el flossing del diente (1)
- Dentist, ਡਾਕਟਰ, ਦੰਦ-ਸਰਜਨ, (15)
- Dentist, ദെന്റിസ്റ്റ്, (14)
- Dentist, Daktari wa meno, Upasuaji meno, Daktari, Dokter, doktor, dentista, tandarts (14)
- Dentist, Dental Surgeon, dentiste, 牙科医生博士, 牙 (15)
- dentistry, dental care, dental hygiene, dental health (11)
- Dr Kumudu Wijesinghe Suriya, Dr Kumudu Suriya, Dr Suriya (8)
- escovadela de dente, flossing do dente (1)
- oral health, oral hygiene (9)
- spazzolatura di dente, flossing del dente (1)
- Sri Lanka Times (6)
- Surrey Dentist, New Westminster Dentist, Vancouver Dentist (9)
- tand die, tand het flossing borstelt (1)
- teeth, tooth, gums, mouth (6)
- tooth brushing, tooth flossing (3)
- Vancouver Dentist, New Westminster Dentist, Surrey Dentist (7)
- Zahnbürsten, Zahn flossing (2)
- устный рак, рак р (1)
- 口头癌症，口腔癌，癌症预 (1)
- 口頭癌、口癌、癌防止、癌 (1)
- 口頭癌症，口腔癌，癌症預 (1)
- 구두 암, 구강암, 암 예방, 암 감 (1)
- στοματικός καρκίν (1)
- betel nut chewing (1)
- cáncer oral, cáncer de boca, prevención de cáncer, reducción del cánce (1)
- cancer orale, cancer de la bouche, prévention du cancer, réduction de cancer (1)
- cancro oral, cancro de boca, prevenção do cancro, redução do cancro (1)
- cancro orale, cancro di bocca, prevenzione del cancro, riduzione del cancro (1)
- cigarette smoking, heavy alcohol use (1)
- human papilloma virus, HPV, HPV 16 (1)
- mondelinge kanker, mondkanker, kankerpreventie, kankervermindering (1)
- Mundkrebs, Mundkrebs, Krebsprävention, Krebsreduzierung (1)
- oral cancer, mouth cancer, cancer prevention, cancer reduction (1)
- sun exposure (1)
- throat, pharynx (1)
- зубоврачебный с& (1)
- 歯科恐れ、歯科心配、歯科 (1)
- 牙齒恐懼，牙齒憂慮，牙齒 (1)
- 牙齿恐惧，牙齿忧虑，牙齿 (1)
- 치과 공포, 치과 불안, 치과 공 (1)
- οδοντικός φόβος, οδ& (1)
- dental fear, dental anxiety, dental phobia (2)
- medo dental, ansiedade dental, fobia dental (1)
- miedo dental, ansiedad dental, fobia dental (1)
- peur des soins dentaires, la phobie dentaire (1)
- tand vrees, tandbezorgdheid, tandfobie (1)
- timore dentario, ansia dentaria, fobia dentaria (1)
- zahnmedizinische Furcht, zahnmedizinische Angst, zahnmedizinische Phobie (1)
- чувствительнос (2)
- 歯感度、歯感度、象牙質の (1)
- 牙区分，牙区分，牙质过敏 (1)
- 牙區分，牙區分，牙質過敏 (1)
- 치아 과민성, 치아 과민성, 상 (1)
- ευαισθησία δοντιώ (2)
- decayed tooth, post operative sensitivity, referred tooth pain (1)
- dentin sensitivity, grinding teeth, oral hygiene, gum disease, plaque build up (1)
- Dr Suriya, Dr Kumudu Suriya, Dr Kumudu Wijesinghe Suriya (9)
- gum line, crown, enamel, cementum, dentin, tubules (2)
- sensibilidad de dientes, sensibilidad de diente, sensibilidad del esmalte dental (1)
- sensibilidade de dentes, sensibilidade de dente, sensibilidade do dentin (1)
- sensibilità di denti, sensibilità di dente, ipersensibilità della dentina (1)
- sensitivité des dents, sensitivité de dent, hyper-sensitivité d'ivoire (1)
- soft-bristled toothbrush, soft toothbrush, fluoridated toothpaste, teeth whitening (2)
- tanden gevoeligheid, tandgevoeligheid, dentinehypergevoeligheid (1)
- teeth sensitivity, tooth sensitivity, dentin hypersensitivity (4)
- Zahnempfindlichkeit, Zahnempfindlichkeit, Dentinüberempfindlichkeit (1)
- 歯感度 (1)
- 歯痛 (1)
- 牙区分 (1)
- 牙區分 (1)
- 牙痛 (1)
- 치아 과민성 (1)
- 치통 (1)
- πονόδοντος (1)
- dolor de muelas (1)
- mal á dents (1)
- mal di denti (1)
- maxillary sinus (1)
- Non-dental Toothaches (1)
- salivary gland dysfunction (1)
- sensibilidad de dientes (1)
- sensibilidade de dentes (1)
- sensibilità di denti (1)
- sensibilité de dents (1)
- tandengevoeligheid (1)
- tandpijn (1)
- teeth sensitivity (2)
- toothache (5)
- trigeminal nerve (1)
- trigeminal neuralgia (1)
- zahnempfindlichkeit (1)
- zahnschmerzen (1)
- эмаль зуба, спад (1)
- エナメル質、虫歯 (1)
- émail des dents, carie dentaire (1)
- 牙瓷漆，蛀牙 (1)
- 치아 에나멜, 충치 (1)
- σμάλτο δοντιών, απο& (1)
- bottled-juice (3)
- Bottled-juice and Teeth (3)
- esmalte de dente, deterioração de dente (1)
- esmalte de diente, caries (1)
- health and nutrition (2)
- mouth acidity (3)
- pop (2)
- smalto dentario, carie dentaria (1)
- sugar (1)
- tand email, tandbederf (1)
- teeth (5)
- tooth decay (3)
- tooth enamel (2)
- water (3)
- zahnemaille, zahnverfall (1)
- children, 子项, 子項, kinderen, enfants, Kinder, παιδ (4)
- dental hygiene, oral hygiene, oral health (3)
- dental insurance, government-assisted insurance plans, Healthy Kids (2)
- Dr. Kumudu, Dr. Suriya, Dr. Kumudu Suriya, Dr. Kumudu Wijesinghe Suriya, Dr. Wijesinghe (11)
- Fluoridated, non-Fluoridated (1)
- gums (3)
- kids, babies, newborn (1)
- pediatric dentistry, pediatrics (4)
- sugar, 糖, 糖, suiker, sucre, Zucker, ζάχαρη, zucchero, (2)
- tooth-buds (1)
- Bear Creek Dental Clinic (10)
- Dr Kumudu Wijesinghe Suriya, Dr Kumudu Suriya (4)
- Cosmetic Dentistry (2)
- dental fear, crainte dentaire, 牙齿恐惧, 歯科恐れ (1)
- dental fear, crainte dentaire, 牙齿恐惧, 牙齒恐懼, t (1)
- Family Dentist, Family Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry (1)
- Restorative Dentistry, Preventative Dentistry (2)
- Surrey Arts Centre, Bear Creek Park, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Bear Creek Plazza, City of Surrey (1)
- sleep apnea, apnea, snoring, breathing interruptions, sleep, sleepiness (1)
- Oral health for your well-being (1)
- BC Healthy Kids, preventative dental care, restorative dental care, prescription eye glasses (1)
- government oral health programs, assisted oral health programs, oral health insurance (1)
- Healthy Kids, government assisted dental programs, assisted dental programs, dental insurance (1)
- braces (3)
- clear aligners, clear braces (3)
- Clearline (2)
- Invisalign (3)
- smile (2)
- bear creek dental clinic, bear creek dental, bear creek dentist (2)
- International Women’s Day, Women’s Day, Womens Day, IWD, women (1)